GotSoccer has the industries most powerful tools for registering players, creating teams, id cards, rosters and more.
The purpose of this document is to teach you how to create coaches accounts for teams and risk management, create teams, upload or create player accounts, add players to a team and enter those teams into your countries registration league so that players can be registered with the state and depending on your association/club have id cards and official rosters created.
Note: Words in this document with quotation marks that are bold refer to buttons or links in our program that you must click on. Words that are italicized refer to text in the program and are primarily used to help you find a location on a particular page.
We strongly suggest you complete the tasks in the following order:
1. Create the Coach account. This will produce a drop down menu in each team.
2. Create a team so that players can be entered directly if the club admin is manually entering players or if team manager will be responsible for entering players.
3. Enter player information, manually or by using an Excel spreadsheet.
4. Enter the teams into your area Registrar's registration league.
To log into your account:
1. Go to www.gotsport.com
2. Click on “Soccer Clubs” from the blue log in list
3. Enter your user id and password.
4. Click on the “Club” tab above the dark blue menu bar. You should see a blue “Club” banner at the left side of the screen
What the clubs need to know:
How to create a coach account:
1) Have each coach’s information, including email address, address, handy
2) Click on “Customization” from the Gray Menu Bar. You will see tabs above the words Color &Fonts.
3) Click on the “User Notifications” Tab.
4) Type in a paragraph welcoming the coach and explaining that they must submit a risk management request to your state. You can get the language from your state association.
5) Click on the “Coaches” link on the dark blue menu bar just below the “Home” tab
6) Click on “Create Coach Profile” Just below the words Manage Coaches and above the Search Filters box.
7) You must enter the coach’s legal first name (William versus Bill), last name, birth date, State Registered, and email address. Create a username and password. We suggest the first part of their email (no @ . – or other special characters are allowed in the id name). The password can be the same for all coaches to start. They can change it later. Perhaps temp.
8) Press “Save” This creates the profile, and sends an email to the email address typed in to the system. The email will contain the text you entered in 4) above.
1. Receive an automatic email from the club with login instructions.
2. When they login they must click the “Background Checks” link on the gray menu bar.
3. They will click on “Submit Report to State Association”
4. They must complete the information form on the left side of the page, notice we do not ask for social security info.
5. They must agree to your state association's Background Check Liability Agreement.
6. They press submit and the request for a check goes directly to the state.
To create teams:
1. Log into your club account
2. Click on the “Club” tab
3. On the dark Blue menu bar click “Teams”
4. Underneath the gray menu bar to the right, you’ll see a button “Add Teams” please click it.
5. Fill in the team information. You may leave the team number blank, we can update all team numbers at once. Create a username, this must be unique to our system, and password.
6. Select a coach from the drop down menu. If you have not created a coach account please do so. If you do not know the coach, create a TBA coach account.
7. Press “Save” at the bottom of the page.
8. Click on the “Teams” link on the dark blue menu bar above you will see the team with the coach listed.
Player information can be entered into our system in 3 ways:
1. Manual entry
2. Managers of teams can enter players
3. Clubs can upload excel spreadsheets
1. Log into your club account
2. Click on the “Club” tab
3. On the dark Blue menu bar click “Players”
4. You will see a link called “Create Player Profile” to the left of the words Manage Players
1. Using the “Soccer Teams” login on the www.gotsport.com page, enter the team login info
2. On the gray menu bar click on the “Roster” link (Note: the term roster is used her as a list of players associated with the team and not an official roster. Only registrars can create official rosters.) Clubs registrars or admins can disable this capability.
3. Click on the “Add Player” button and input the player information
Uploading players using an Excel Spreadsheet
1. An Xcel spreadsheet with the following minimum information:
a. Legal First Name (William not Billy)
b. Last Name
c. Birth date in mm/dd/yyyy format e.g. 11/23/1990 (m/d/yy) will also work e.g. 1/1/90)
d. Gender (M,F, B, G, boy, girl, male, female)
2. The spreadsheet specifications
a. The first row must contain the column headings for your spreadsheet
b. These column headings cannot include symbols or punctuation; alpha numeric characters only.
c. Do not include blank rows or columns
d. The sheet must be named “Sheet 1” which is the default name give the first page of a worksheet by Xcel
e. All players must be on the first sheet or you will need to do a second upload.
3. Click on the “Club” tab
4. On the dark Blue menu bar click “Players”
5. On the gray menu bar click on “Upload Players”
6. Click on “Browse” and find the player file on your computer
7. Click “Open” (Windows)then Click “Upload”
8. The first 10 rows of your spreadsheet will appear (Note: If the spreadsheet fails to load it’s most likely due to it not being consistent with our requirements. Refer to Spreadsheet specifications in 2 above.)
Adding Players to a Team:
Our system is designed to work with Internet Explorer. If you have a Windows based system, please do not use Mozilla, Firefox or other browser. If you are a Mac user, the drag and drop functions do not work with Safari. You will need to access each player account to place them on a team. We strongly recommend using Internet explorer to add players to a team.
1. On the dark Blue menu bar click “Players” a list of your club’s players will appear in a table below the Manage Players search area.
2. Click on the “Click to show teams” link to the right of the first row of the player table.
3. Sort by gender and or age by opening the drop down menus for “Age” and “Gender” in the Search Filters area above the player table. This will filter the player list in the table to the appropriate players and only show teams for that age group and one above. We assume that most players will play on teams in their age group or one above. A player can be added to any team by clicking on the “ID#” at the far left of the player row.
4. Place you mouse cursor over the players first or last name and it will turn to a finger. Click the name, but do not release the mouse button, and drag the player to the box with the team you want the player associated with. The box will turn red. Release the mouse button, our system will refresh and you will see the number of players on the team will increase by one and the team name will appear in the far left cell of the player record in the player table. (Note: You can only drag and drop one player at a time.)
Submitting Teams to your Country:
1. Click on the “Home” tab above the dark blue menu bar, first on the left.
2. Click “Upcoming Events” on the dark blue menu bar. This will bring up a search box.
3. Click the “State” drop down chose your state.
4. In the “Event Name” box enter your Registration body.
5. Press “Go”.
6. When you find your registration league, in the box that says League Application, click on “Apply Now”
9. In the box that names the registration league click the “Apply to (registration league) Registration”
10. Select each team you want registered by clicking the check box to the left of the team’s name. You can select multiple teams.
11. Click the “Next” button at the bottom right of the team list.
12. The team list will appear with a YES in front of each team selected. If this is correct;
13. Click “Submit Applications” and the teams and players on those teams will become available to Frontier Country for registration purposes and scheduling should they decide to use our league software.
When can I see my official roster?
The registrar will freeze the rosters and generate documents that the club official can print.
To see the documents:
1. Log into your club account (www.gotsport.com and click Soccer Clubs)
2. Click on the “Club” tab
3. Click on the “Teams” link on the dark blue menu bar.
4. Click on the name of the team in the table below
5. You will see a series of tabs above the team name, click “Documents” and you will the available forms and id cards the Registrar approved. The documents are PDF files that can be printed by your printer or sent as attachments to whomever you give permission to print.
We at GotSoccer want to make sure you can complete the registration process as easily as possible. We are available to help you. We work 8-6 EDT time but are available after hours in emergencies or by making an appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, please call. Our contact information is listed below.