Effective Date: January 6, 2022
Welcome to GotSoccer, the leading provider
of sports management software serving athletes, parents,
coaches, clubs, leagues, tournament directors, governing bodies, and state and national associations.
Your privacy is very important to us. GotSoccer and our affiliated companies
(collectively "GotSoccer", "we", "us", "our") value your privacy and are
connection with the use of our services by players ("Participants"), their parents or
legal guardians ("Parents"), and other users of our services, which may include
coaches, teams, clubs, leagues, tournament directors, state associations, national associations, and governing bodies (collectively "Authorized Users").
- What Personal Data We Collect
- Why We Collect and Use Personal Data
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
- How We Use Personal Data We Collect
- How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
- How to Access and Manage Your Personal Data
- Other Important Privacy Information
- California Residents' Privacy Rights
- European Economic Area Residents' Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
By using our websites, software platforms, services, products, social media sites,
mobile applications, and support tools (collectively our "Services"), or by permitting your child to use our Services,
you signify your consent to our collection and use of your, and if applicable your child's Personal Data in accordance with
Personal Data, you should stop using our Services and notify us that permission
for any use of your Personal Data is withdrawn. If you opt-out of the use of
your Personal Data, you will not be able to use our Services. Our Services include
GotSoccer, GotSport, GotPro and GotTicketing software platforms, and unless otherwise indicated in those platforms, this
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT:
"Personal Data" is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be
reasonably linked to, directly or indirectly, a particular individual or household. We do not collect any Personal Data unless you
voluntarily provide it to us or authorize your team, club, league, tournament director, state association, national association, or
governing body to provide it to us. We collect Personal Data of Participants, Parents, and other users of our Services, as permitted
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identifiers & Customer Records Information: We collect customer record information and identifiers
for you to use our Services and for you to participate on your team or club. The customer record information and identifiers may include
for example your name, address, email address, and other registration and profile information.
- Device Information: The date, time, device, and log information when you use our Services.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: Browsing history, search history, internet protocol (IP) address, and information regarding your interactions with our websites and Services.
- Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers: We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our sites and applications, or use our Services, and these may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services.
- Unique Application Information: Certain Services, including event applications, background checks, player registration, or other programs, may have a unique identification number, which may be collected by GotSoccer when you use our Services.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA:
We use your Personal Data with your consent and in furtherance of our legitimate
business interests, including: (i) to create and log into your GotSoccer or GotSport Account; (ii) to provide you with any Services you have requested; (iii) to
verify your identity and to permit you to register with your team, club, league, association, or for other competitions; (iv) to verify parental consent; (v) to
communicate with you about our Services; (vi) to facilitate the operation, administration, maintenance or improvement of our Services; (vii) to send you
information about third party products, services, and events that may be of interest to you; (viii) to prevent and detect fraud; and (ix) to comply with legal obligations.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We may collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. When you register for a GotSoccer or GotSport Account, we may ask for Personal Data necessary for
you to participate on your team, club, league, state association, or national organization. You may also provide us Personal Data when
you use our Services or report a problem with our Services. Once you provide us with your Personal Data, you may access and control it
- Information Your Team, Club, Governing Body, State Association, or National Association Gives Us About You. In addition to Personal Data you may provide,
GotSoccer may also collect Personal Data provided by Authorized Users, which may include your team, coach, club, league,
association, state association, national association, governing body, and other similar organizations.
These Authorized Users may provide us information about you, with your consent, so that you may use our Services and participate on your team.
For example, your team's manager, coach, or your club may provide us your player information and other Personal Data to register you for a your league or a tournament.
If an Authorized User provides any of your Personal Data to us, that Authorized User is responsible for providing any notices and/or obtaining any consents
necessary from you for us to access and use the Personal Data. We do not control information collection or use practices of such Authorized Users.
Please contact your team, club, league, association, state association, national association, governing body, or other similar organization regarding their own privacy policies.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Our Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information may include:
- Use of Our Websites - As is true of most other websites, our websites collect certain information automatically and stores it in log files. The information may
include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and
other usage information about the use of our websites, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to help us design our site to better suit our
Users' needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather
broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preference.
- Device Information - We may collect device-specific information, such as your operating system version, web browser identifier, and web browser version.
- Log Information - When you log into your GotSoccer or GotSport Account, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details
of how you used our Services, such as your internet protocol addresses (IP addresses); system activity, browser type, the date and time of your request and referring URL;
and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your GotSoccer or GotSport Account.
- Unique Application Information - Certain Services, including event applications, background checks, player registrations, or programs registration may have a unique application number.
- Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers - We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our sites and applications, or use our Services,
and these may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel
tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. You may set your browser to block all cookies; however, it is important to remember that
some of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Analytics - We use Google Analytics to better understand how our customers navigate to and through our Services.
You can review how Google Analytics collects and processes this visits activity at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt-out of having your visits activity made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
from sharing information with Google Analytics about visits activity. We do not share any Personal Data with Google Analytics.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT:
We use your Personal Data to provide you with our Services. We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties
for direct marketing purposes, whether for monetary or other valuable consideration. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To Communicate with You and Provide You with Our Services. We may use your Personal Data to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our
Services, and for other customer service purposes.
- To Improve Our Services and Tell You About Other Services. We also use your Personal Data to improve and personalize your experience, and to develop new products.
In addition, we may use your Personal Data to offer you tailored content such as giving you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of
interest to you. Each such promotional communication will provide you with the option to unsubscribe from future promotional communications. You may also opt-out of
receiving promotional communications from us in your GotSoccer or GotSport Account.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates, vendors, consultants, and contractors ("Service Providers"), who may help us
provide and support our Services. These Service Providers agree to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by GotSoccer, and
- With Our Business Partners. We do not sell or share your Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes, whether for monetary or other valuable consideration, without your express consent.
We may share your Personal Data with our business partners ("Business Partners") when you request use of their products and
services via our Services. We only share your Personal Data with our Business Partners with your consent and as necessary to provide any product or service you
have requested from our Business Partners. These Business Partners are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies to see
- With Your Team, Club, League, and State Association, National Organization, or Governing Body. When you use our Services, you expressly authorize us to share
your Personal Data with Authorized Users, including
your team, club, tournament organizer, and state or national organizations, or other governing bodies so that they may administer your team's registration, schedule
and tournaments. For example, registering to play for a club means you want that club to access your Personal Data so it can place you on a team, register you for
a tournament, and administer your team. We only share your Personal Data with the Authorized Users with your consent, or as necessary to provide any product or
service you have requested or authorized. The Authorized Users may include, but are not limited to, the following: your soccer club or academy, the United States
its use once exported, with your consent, to Authorized Users.
- Aggregated Data. We also may collect, and use anonymized aggregated data ("Aggregated Data") for any purpose including without limitation to help us understand website traffic
and use of our Services. Aggregated Data is not considered Personal Data under applicable law because this information does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
- Disclosures for Law Enforcement and Other Purposes. We will share your Personal Data when we have a good faith belief that doing so in necessary to: (i) meet any
applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including to meet any national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) enforce applicable
to the rights, property or safety of GotSoccer, our Authorized Users, or the public as required or permitted by law. In the event that we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any
form of sale of some or all of our assets, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the acquiring organization agrees to protect Personal Data in accordance with the
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We will only retain Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the business purposes for which we have collected
such information, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We retain data: (i) for the duration of our Authorized User's business relationship
with us, and for a period thereafter to allow Authorized Users to recover data if they decide to renew; (ii) to analyze the data for our own operations; and (iii) for historical and
archiving purposes. To determine the appropriate retention periods for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, legal requirements,
the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process the Personal Data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
HOW TO ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to accessing and managing
your Personal Data. The following is a summary of those choices and how to exercise them:
- Access and Changes to Your Personal Data. You can view, update, and edit certain types of Personal Data in your GotSoccer or GotSport Account.
Certain information may not be directly changed by you (such as name, gender, and birth date) after certain verification processes have been completed.
You can view and edit certain preferences, such as which colleges might interest you and with whom you share Personal Data in your GotSoccer or GotSport Account.
If your Personal Data changes or is incorrect, you are responsible to notify us of the changes or corrections.
- Deletion of Your Personal Data. In the event you wish us to delete your Personal Data, you can notify us using the following
link: https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/. If you request that we delete your Personal Data,
you will not be able to use our Services. Please note that the right to delete your Personal Data is not absolute and it may not always be possible to
delete Personal Data, including for example when the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation.
- Opt-Out of Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating
your email preferences within your GotSoccer or GotSport Account, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email
list. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional communications from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding your use of our Services.
- Cookies. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by us.
However, it is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION:
- Information Security - GotSoccer is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data and have implemented security policies to protect the Personal Data
that we collect, consistent with applicable privacy and security laws. We use a variety of security techniques to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access to or
unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold, including the following protections: (i) we encrypt many of our Services (communication is transmitted
using the HTTPS protocol, using industry standard encryption algorithms); (ii) we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical
security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; (iii) we restrict access to your Personal Data to GotSoccer employees, contractors and agents who need to know
that information to process it, and who take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data; and (iv) we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality
and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. However, no method of transfer or storage of data is 100% secure and we will not be responsible for any damage that
results from a security breach of data or the unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data. You can help keep your Personal Data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your
personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, including by protecting your log-in credentials to your GotSoccer or GotSport Account.
- Where We Store Personal Data - GotSoccer stores your Personal Data on our servers, and on the servers of cloud-based database management services we engage in the United States.
front page of the websites or by means of an e-mail.
- Third-Party Links - Our website, services and applications may link to other third-party sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our website through
a link or a banner advertisement on another site. These third-party sites are governed by their own privacy policies. You should review these privacy policies when visiting such
sites to see how they collect and use this information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third-party sites.
- 'Do Not Track' Notifications - Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a "Do Not Track" signal. There is no consensus among
industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a "Do Not Track"
signal from a visitor's browser.
- Our Policy Towards Children - We strive to educate parents and children about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services.
Our Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly
collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 unless the child's parent or guardian has provided explicit consent to do so. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected
Personal Data from a child under the age of 13 without consent, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Under the Children's Online Privacy
Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), any parent or guardian of a child who provides Personal Data to us has the right to review the child's personal information, order its deletion, and refuse to
allow further collection or use of the child's information Data using our online contact form at https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/ .
- Payment Processors - Your team, club, league, association, or other governing body may obtain payment from you via an integrated payment portal with a third-party
banking institutions and processing agents (the "Payment Processor"). Such Payment Processors receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information.
These Payment Processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. GotSoccer is not involved in, or responsible for, the payment processing between
team/club/league/association/governing body and you. We do not store or collect your payment card details, do not handle any funds of your team/club/league/association/governing body, and are not
involved any payment processing between you and your team/club/league/association/governing body. Any payment issue or dispute with your team/club/league/association/governing body should be directed to
your team/club/league/association/governing body.
- Sharing of Personal Data - Our Services enable you to connect with and share information about yourself with other users and organizations.
Certain profile information, including your name, team, and photo may be available to other users of our Services and may be searchable by search engines.
You may adjust your profile settings within your GotSoccer or GotSport account to prevent the general public from viewing your profile, although it may
remain visible to Authorized Users of our Services including your team, club, league, state association, national association, governing body, or other similar organization.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS' PRIVACY RIGHTS:
If you are a California resident you may have certain rights under
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine the Light" law, which permits our users who
are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Data we disclose to third parties
for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not sell or share any Personal Data with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident, and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Administrator/Legal Department
1529 Third Street South
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250
If you are a California resident you may also have certain rights under the California
Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") including the right to: (i) access and data portability; (ii) delete your Personal Data; (iii) personal
information sales and opt-out information; and (iv) how to exert these rights. For a description of the Personal Data we collect and how we use it, please
see the "What Personal Data We Collect" and the "How We Use the Personal Data We Collect" sections above. We
do not sell your Personal Data and have not done so in the preceding 12 months. Because we do not sell your Personal Data, we do not offer an opt-out of the
sale of Personal Data. In the event you wish us to exercise your rights under the CCPA as to your Personal Data, you can notify us using the following link:
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise your CCPA rights and we will not discriminate against you if you exercise those rights.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA RESIDENTS' PRIVACY RIGHTS:
If you reside in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), by using our Services you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your Personal Data in
the United States. We rely on model contractual clauses and derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 44 of the GDPR for data transfers.
In particular, GotSoccer collects and transfers to the U.S. Personal Data only with your consent to perform a contract with you and/or your team/club/league, or to
fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of GotSoccer in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. We endeavor to apply suitable safeguards to
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and other countries' privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects, including the following:
- Withdrawal of Consent: If consent is the lawful basis of our processing, you have the right to withdraw any consent that you have provided to us to process your Personal Data.
- Access: You have the right to access your Personal Data.
- Rectification: You have the right to rectify inaccurate Personal Data.
- Erasure: You have the right to have your Personal Data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn your consent to, or object to, its processing and there is no other legitimate grounds for processing it or you consider that it has been unlawfully processed.
- Restriction: You have the right to have the processing of your Personal Data restricted if you contest its accuracy, its processing is unlawful, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim, or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it.
- Data Portability: You have the right to have certain Personal Data you provide to us transferred to another company in a machine-readable format.
- Objection: You have the right to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us using our online contact form: https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/.
In addition, GotSoccer complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as set forth by
the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. GotSoccer has
certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose
Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. We remain responsible for any of your Personal Data that is shared under the Onward Transfer Principle
with third parties for external processing on our behalf.
As of July 16, 2020, we no longer rely on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield to transfer data that originated in the EEA or the UK to the U.S. due to a judgment of
the Court of Justice of the European Union declaring the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is no longer a valid mechanism to comply with the EU data protection
requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States.
GotSoccer is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade
Commission (FTC). In compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, GotSoccer commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection
our online contact form: https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/
GotSoccer has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism,
the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is
not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/privacy-shield-complaints/
for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, and to view our certification, please visit
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Attn: Privacy Administrator/Legal Department
1529 Third Street South
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250