Effective Date: September 21, 2018
- Why We Collect and Use Personal Data
- What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
- How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA:
We use your Personal Data with your consent and in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including providing you with any Services you have requested or authorized. The Personal Data we collect from you and others allows you to use our Services, and for you to register for and log into your GotSoccer Account. We collect and use your Personal Data to provide you the best experience with our Services, and so that you or your child may participate on his or her team, club and association.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT:
We may collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. Many of our Services require you provide your Personal Data, including to register for a GotSoccer Account. When you register, we may ask for personal information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, gender, birth date and other personal information necessary for you to participate on your team, club, state association and national organization. You may also provide us Personal Data when you request our Services or report a problem with our Services.
- Information Your Team, Club, State or National Association Gives Us About You. GotSoccer may collect and process Personal Data provided by our clients, which may include your team, club, association, state association, national organization, and other similar organizations (collectively "GotSoccer Clients").
These GotSoccer Clients may provide us information about you, with your consent, so that you may use our Services and participate on your team or club. For example, your team's manager, coach or your club may provide us, with your consent, your player information and other Personal Data to register you for a tournament or a league.
Your club may authorize your team manager, team coach or other representatives to access your Personal Data for the purposes of administering your team.
If a GotSoccer Client provides any of your Personal Data to us, the GotSoccer Client is responsible for providing any notices and/or obtaining any consents necessary from you for us to access and use the Personal Data. We do not control information collection or use practices of GotSoccer Clients.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Our Services. We may collect information about the events and programs that you use and how you use them, such was when you apply for a tournament or register with a club that uses our Services. This information may include:
- Device Information - We may collect device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number.
- Log Information - When you use our Services or view content provided by GotSoccer, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
This may include details of how you used our service, such as your event attendance; internet protocol addresses (IP addresses); system activity, browser type, the date and time of your request and referring URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your GotSoccer Account.
- Unique Application Information - Certain Services including event applications, background checks, player registrations, or programs registration have a unique application number. This number and information about your application may be kept by GotSoccer when you use our Services.
- Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers - We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our sites and applications, or use our Services, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
When you use our Services, other companies also collect certain information on you using anonymous identifiers, cookies and the other tracking technologies mentioned above.
In this regard, we use Google Analytics to better understand how our customers navigate to and through our websites, how long customers spend visiting our content items and how often they return to visit our websites.
You may set your browser to block all cookies; however, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Visitors to Our Websites - When you visit our websites, we may collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way that does not identify you. We do not make, and do not allow these service providers to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT:
We do not share your Personal Data with any third parties for marketing purposes. We may use, share and disclose information about you, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
- To Communicate with You and Provide You with Our Products and Services. We may use your Personal Data to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, and for other customer service related purposes.
- To Improve Our Services and Tell You About Other Services. We also use your Personal Data to improve and personalize your experience, and to develop new products. In addition, we may use your Personal Data to offer you tailored content - such as giving you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you. Each such marketing communication will also provide you with the option to unsubscribe from such future communication. You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from GotSoccer in your GotSoccer Account.
- With Your Team, Club, State and National Organization. When you use our Services, you expressly authorize GotSoccer to share your Personal Data with your team, club, tournament organizer, and state or national organization (the "Authorized Users") so that they may administer your team's registration, schedule and tournaments. For example, registering to play for a club means you want that club and its authorized users to access your Personal Data so it can place you on a team, register you for a tournament and administer your team.. We only share your Personal Data with the Authorized Users with your consent, or as necessary to provide any product or service you have requested or authorized.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our clients, such U.S. Youth Soccer, state organizations, national organizations, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share such non-personally identifiable information to show trends about the general use of our Services.
HOW TO ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to accessing and managing your Personal Data. The following is a summary of those choices and how to exercise them.
- Access and Changes to Your Personal Data. You can view, update and edit certain types of Personal Data in your GotSoccer Account. Certain information may not be directly changed by you (such as name, gender, and birth date) after certain verification processes (examples include player pass and official roster information). You can view and edit certain preferences, such as which colleges might interest you, using the college recruiting area of your GotSoccer Account. You can also control with whom you share Personal Data with from your GotSoccer account. If your Personal Data changes, you are responsible to notifying us of the changes. Your Personal Data will only be retained for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected. We will give you access to any Personal Data we hold within 30 days of any request for that information by contacting us at: https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/
- Deletion of Your Personal Data. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide our Services to you and to maintain your GotSoccer Account. In the event you wish us to delete your Personal Data, you can notify us using the following link: https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/ If you request that we delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to use our Services.
- Opt-Out of Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your GotSoccer Account, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services.
- Cookies. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION:
- Third-Party Links. Our website, services and applications may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our website through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect your information. These third-party sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites to see how they collect and use this information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third-party sites.
- 'Do Not Track' Notifications. Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a "Do Not Track" signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser.
- Children Under 13. GotSoccer?s sites, services and applications are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our sites, services or applications. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13, or other individuals who are not legally able to use our sites, services and applications. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. When you use our Services, you may provide us with Personal Data regarding your minor child. If your minor child is registered with a GotSoccer Client, such organization may provide information to us, with your permission, regarding your child. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13. Any parent of a child has the right to review the child?s Personal Data, order its deletion, and refuse to allow further collection or use of the child?s Personal Data using our online contact form at https://www.gotsoccer.com/privacy_center/.
- Ownership of Your GotSoccer Account - GotSoccer is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company. We own the actual user accounts and have the right to restrict or deny access.
EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK:
- GotSoccer has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Privacy Shield, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
- In accordance with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield principles, EU individuals have the right to access their Personal Data. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, and to view GotSoccer's certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Attn: Privacy Office
750 Third Street
Neptune Beach, Florida 32266